3 Days Tour
Collio: Wine Making and Cooking Class
A lesson in local cuisine at one of the Collio’s finest vineyards is just part of this three day tour of the Collio region, which also takes in the elegant charm of Gorizia.
This experience offers guests the opportunity to discover the life of the vineyard, including techniques, growing and picking procedures and every step needed to produce a great Collio wine.
Transfer and check in to the accommodation.
Guided tour in the vineyards including one that is centuries old.
It will follow a tour of the winery and the wine making process which will illustrate the techniques used in this Collio winery.
Guests will be offered a tasting of a few varieties of these wines.
Impress friends and family back home in the dining room: a chef will be available to give a personal cooking lesson during which guests will learn local techniques whilst preparing a local dish.
Choose this option and dinner will be prepared by a personal chef who will describe and teach the preparation techniques of some of the many local gastronomy dishes . It will be a unique experience!
Guests could join in or just sit back and relax. The meal will be carefully paired with an extraordinary selection of wines.
A gourmet dinner in a local restaurant will be arranged as an alternative.
Relaxing around this charming area, enjoying the scenery, colors and perfumes of the region.
- Driving a Yellow Collio Vespa – the typical Italian scooter – experiencing this traditional way of travelling, appreciating the beauty of the environment, feeling the gentle Collio hill breezes and its unique smells while exploring this charming area.
- Cycling – based on your experience and wishes you will be offered a city bike, a mountain bike or an electric bike.
- Mountain bike training or any support is offered by a team of local instructors who will be pleased to offer any advice, a guided tour or training.
- Walking – explore Cormons and its surroundings following your curiosity or on a route tailor-made for you. The surrounding Collio hills offer a spectacular way to enjoy a relaxing visit in this enchanting area. The view from the nearby Quarin hill is so peaceful you will fall in love with this area.
- All of the above can be offered with an experienced local guide or advice can be provided on routes if you would rather adventure off by yourself.
- Your guide will suggest a trattoria for your lunch.
Dinner will be at a local restaurant where the cuisine is a hybrid, as this region is a hybrid, being at a crossroads of nations. Care and attention is paid to every dish, choosing excellent ingredients and using traditional cooking methods, whilst maintaining a beautiful simplicity.
After checking out, guests will be transferred to Gorizia , the Hapsburg “Nice”.
Guests will meet their guide and explore the Castle and its ‘borgo’ dating from the 11th century. Among those who worked on the castle’s defense structures was Edmond Halley, who discovered the famous comet which bears his name. A gentle stroll from the Castle will lead to via Rastello with its “vecchie botteghe” (old boutiques) and a visit to the Duomo cathedral which first referenced in writing date back in 1342. Finally reaching the magnificent Piazza Vittoria the visit will continue to the St. Ignazio church with its wonderful decorative interior made of marble, and carved with inlaid wooden furnishings that date back to the 17th century. The church also has an altar designed in 1716 by the Venetian sculptor Lazzarini, and an 18th century fresco painted by Tausch on the pulpit entitled the “Glory of St. Ignatius”.
Your transfer to the airport or your next destination will be arranged according to your preferences.